It being Thanksgiving and all, I figured I would try one of those ‘These are the things I am thankful for’ posts. I settled into my thinking pose (which these days is usually going back to sleep), and started making a mental list. Sometime later (I lose all sense of time when I am ‘thinking’) I looked at my virtual list and gave it a good once over. Unfortunately it was a rather short list. Never even made it to one.
What can I say? It’s been a crappy year.
Now me being the eternal optimist and all (even if I hide it well at times), this is just not acceptable. There has got to be something on the list. So I proceeded to the next option, jumping up and down on one foot while repeatedly smacking my noggin. I figured this will shakes something loose. I have to admit, it certainly generated something … mainly a headache.
I am not giving up though. Since I am even more stubborn than I am optimistic, I am going to just start typing again and see what comes out. My fingers often seem to do better if I get my brain out of the picture. So here goes:
- I am thankful for the color blue. I like blue.
- I am thankful that it still takes fewer muscles to smile than to frown. I am lazy after all.
- I am thankful that laughter is addictive.
- I am thankful that being a sheep is not.
- I am thankful that Black Friday is not mandatory (yet).
- I am thankful that nasty as our political battles are, at least they choose words instead of bullets.
- I am thankful for opposites. With so much greed and general badness going on there MUST be generosity and goodness too (even if it hides well at times).
- I am thankful that Mother Nature is one tough mama.
- I am thankful for the word thanks.
- I am thankful for you.
There. I closed my eyes (figuratively … I can’t actually type with my eyes closed) and got all the way up to ten. I didn’t want to have to take my socks off to go higher.
To those of you celebrating Thanksgiving today, may you have a wonderful day. To those of you who are not … may you have a wonderful day as well. There is always something to be thankful for … even if it hides well at times.